Sunday, July 24, 2011

A DAY IN THE CITY....Melbourne is SOOO Cool. Get on a train or tram and check it out

Hi Sunday people,

What a weekend it's been of triumph and tragedy..... 

May Amy Winehouse rest in peace - poor darling.  It's so devastating when young peoples lives are cut short - it's just such a huge loss ( no matter what you think of them).  Addiction is such a Fking dreadful thing to have and live with. 

On a lighter note - Cadel Evans is our Champion.  His heartfelt speech at the press conference yesterday was so moving.  Bring on the tears of joy and relief Cadel, we love you!!!! 
New overall leader Cadel Evans of Australia celebrates on the podium during the 20th stage of the Tour de France cycling race, an individual time tria 

I spent the day in Melbourne City yesterday and it was marvelous.  I had a bit of work to do, then I took myself off to lunch at The Hu Tong Dumpling Bar, 14 - 16 Market Lane, Melbourne.  They also have a lovely restaurant in Prahran, below The Cullen in Commercial Road.  I think I ate a few too many dumplings - but MAN they are sooooo yummy. Maybe not quite as good as the Tea House in Chapel St but still totally yummy.

photo

From there, I hot footed it to the Bourke St Mall. My GOD, there were so many people around - it was really cool.  It felt like a small Manhattan. I checked out the department stores, and finally bought my MAC Mineral Bronzer, 'Give Me Sun'.  See my previous blog about this fantastic product.  I felt like I won the lotto but no - I had a huge surprise ahead.

BOURKE STREET MALL.....


I then ventured down Flinders Lane and I found PEEPTOE!  They had just opened this week. This company is an Australian owned business. Based on beautiful design, perfection and love.

I will do a full story on Peeptoe soon.  In the meantime, get your butt in there for some serious shopping for Shoes, Bags and Jewellery.  This is an amazing store. Congratulation's!

The best thing of the day, week and month was walking into Howie Place and seeing the NEVENKA store.  I thought to myself ....'I hope Rosemary is there'...low and behold, I walk in and see Rosemary - designer, owner of Nevenka and overall beautiful Person.  It was such a lovely reunion as I worked for Rosemary a number of years ago before moving interstate.

AW 11

The best thing is...that I may be working with Rosemary again in the very near future.  Her clothing, fabrics and nature are not only beautiful, but also thought provoking and seem to provide memories of days gone by, or special moments yet to come! 

The Universe really does deliver if you let it....  So let it!

Be grateful for everything you have and for being  you. You are the best you have - please LOVE yourself.
J
xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment