Tuesday, July 12, 2011

WIDE LEG PANTS ARE TOTALLY IN!

Hi Y'all

I hope you all enjoyed a fantastic weekend.

Welcome to Winter!  The bottom half of Australia is enjoying a very cold snap, to say the least! That said, I love it. I love wearing layers with yummy coats, faux fur jackets, collars, fabulous scarves, beanies, gloves and hats.  We are very lucky down here to be able to make the most of the gorgeous winter clothing and the rest of our wardrobes. 

Along with that, the Snow! How beautiful is all this snow we are getting? It's always great to have a good ski season - all good for the economy I say.

NO, I am not doing a story on Apres Ski or Ski Gear! Those who know me, would definitely think I had lost my mind, given I love the snow but I get there once a year, if I am lucky.  Once I am there, I enjoy snow plowing down 'Standard' run (or the equivalent) at Mt Buller all day long.  By the end of the day, I quite fancy myself as a professional!! ha ha ha...

Tonight's blog is about WIDE LEG PANTS! One of the hottest looks for this Summer and Winter 2012.



Wide Leg Pants are Stylish, Cool and Effortless. I love them.  I actually went into Zara a few weeks ago just to find a pair of wide leg pants as no one else had them at that time.  Zara had a great pair of pants for $79.95.  The fabric was average (a little cheap) but if you were to pop them on with a beautiful silk blouse or fabulous jacket, then you would be looking very stylish indeed.

A lovely tweedy look for Winter...


WIDE LEGS ON THE RUNWAY.......



I love the Olsen's in their wide leg pants.  Photographed in June this year...
Ashley                             Mary-Kate


This white suit is my favourite....


How to wear wide leg pants:

1. You do not need to be slim.  However, the pant needs to be fitted through to the lower hip (no lower), then drape through to the floor.

2.  Large Thighs do not work with wide leg pants - they are unforgiving in the drape of the pant. If the pant is sticking to your thighs, then don't buy them.

3.  Be careful if you are short.  They can make you look big, rather than elongating you.  If you are short - ensure you wear heels or flatforms to give you the height.  Check out the Olsen twins above.

4.  To give you that beautiful long legged stylish look, make sure the hem of your pants just about grazes the floor (in your heels).  Wear high heels - wedges, flatforms or stilettos.  This creates that lovely elongated look which is so lovely.  I love Elle McPherson in this look - she looks seriously fabulous!

5.  If you're tall, you will look sensational in this beautiful style. You long legged lovelies can wear wide leg pants with ballet flats, cool trainers and flat sandals in summer.  Tres chic!

6.  Do not confuse wide leg pants with Flares!  Flares are fitted through the bum, hips, upper legs and flare out from the knee.  These are cute and cool but a lot harder to wear for most women.

7.  Be aware of the waistline.  The most flattering styles in the WLP have a wide waist band which sits on the upper to mid hip. The man style tab pant is a great look. 
You really need to be slim with a flat tummy to wear the high waisted version. 

You will see wide leg pants appearing in cool boutiques, designer stores, chain and departments stores.  For summer look at beautiful, heavy, drapey fabric such as linen.  Linen is making a big comeback.  There are many other fabrics, but try to by something with some natural fibre in the content, as it tends to make the fabric look more sophisticated, less shiny and wears better.

Here's a  pair from Country Road this season, for $129. 
Flared Pant
Don't stop here though - have a look around.  Find the right pair for you.  I'll keep looking around and let you know when I come across hot WLPs. I would LOVE feed back...

Hope you love them as much as me.

For more info or feedback please contact me at jo@styleincorporated.com.au

Stay warm
Joey
x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jo

    I find this look impossible to pull off as my weight is carried in my boobs and tummy! I feel I am hiding the best part of my body (legs), any advise?

    B

    ReplyDelete