Wednesday, May 25, 2011

THE FASHION POLICE HAVE SPOKEN!!! Women and leggings?????

Hi there Lovely People

After much discussion with one of my best friends, Kini. I felt the need to re address the BASICS story from the 16th of May.  My very funny and beautiful (fashion police) friend was concerned that I did not convey who should and should not wear leggings.  I think she had a good point.

I need to - as a professional stylist, set some guidelines. The body shapes that love leggings and the shapes which need to stay (right) away from Leggings. 

PLEASE NOTE:  I don't think Kini will totally agree with my opinion and I am looking forward to hearing her feedback.  So here we go.....


HOW TO WEAR LEGGINGS

As per my article - YOU MUST LAYER!!!! And the layers must but long, as per this pic.....



The photo above gives a fantastic representation of how to wear Leggings. I love this look AND I would also Love it with a soft, floaty, sheer long shirt/top (maybe in Silk).  Remember - Great Bag and Great Boots (Not high) are your staples.

With this look you could:
1. Layer with a lovely light weight Cardigan and a Long Line Structured Jacket.
2. Pop on a fantastic Belt and Structured Blazer - with Flat boots.
3. Pop on an Over sized long knit (there are some Beautiful Long knits around) and again make sure the boots are flat - well not totally flat but with a 1.5 - 2cm stacked heel. 
4.  Put on a long fitted (not skin tight) jersey top (Country Road and Seed) over your leggings and layer with a Cardi, Blazer OR both.
5.  Do not wear high heeled long boots with leggings - YUCKY!!!! Potato On Toothpicks!!!!
6. There are many more options but I can't give away all my secrets :)..................




WHO SHOULD WEAR LEGGINGS?

I shouldn't preach about who should wear what. It's not until I have met my clients in the flesh - that I really know what suits them.  However, I can give you some guidelines:

It is best for some body shapes NOT to wear Leggings at all!  I believe you need to...

* Preferably have very slim, slim, athletic, average to slightly average legs.
* Be preferably above 5.2"
* V Small, Small, Athletic to Average Thighs.
* They are generally not so good on gals who have Saddle Bags, Heavy Thighs, Big Thighs, Big Calves and Cankles.  HOWEVER.. that is not always the way.....YOU may have small thighs and cankles - so leggings would look sensational with boots! 

AGE

I don't think there is a cut off point for leggings.  It's about making them work as a canvas for your Layering - so long as you fall into the group that can wear them in the first place.  Especially if you are one of those slim older ladies.  You can look very smart in leggings!

AWESOME - wish I could...
The only way you can wear a legging with a short top and look sensational is if you are KATE MOSS or another super model!!!!  See Miss Moss below....



WEAR this if you are incredibly Long, Lean and Gorgeous.  


So Bottom Line is DON'T WEAR leggings with SHORT TOPS unless you look like the girl above!!!

If you don't want or can't afford professional advice - ask you best friend or someone you know you can trust.  You will be happier in your own body - I promise!

Love and Light
Joey
xxxxx
PS: ENJOY ANGRY BOYS AND OPRAH!!!!!
PPS: Thanks Kini - Love You xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment