Thursday, May 5, 2011

HOW TO LOOK LIKE A MILLION BUCKS on a BUDGET!

Hi Everyone

Hope you've all had a really great day?

I've had a great day.  I spent the afternoon with my dear friend/client Katy, doing Chapel Street.  BTW, I had already been through Katy's wardrobe with her and ascertained what she needed to look hot on any given occasion!  It could be picking up her little girl (Eve) from School, casual work meetings, corporate meetings or a fab night out.  I also had assessed her Body Shape, so I knew exactly what would suit her. And what would work back with her current wardrobe.

FYI...Katy has her own cleaning business which she started from scratch.   She is a beautiful person and such a go getter.  Her business is GREEN ELVES Chemical Free Cleaning.  She supplies fantastic plant based cleaning products, micro fibre clothes and good, trustworthy cleaners.  So if you're in the market for a cleaner give her a buzz for a free quote, she's a gorgeous girl.  Phone: 0412976216, email  info@greenelves.com.au or check out her website http://www.greenelves.com.au/ 

Now that's enough of that :) I want to talk about fashion.....

STICKING TO YOUR BUDGET and LOOKING A MILLION DOLLARS!

Let's face it, most of us cannot afford to buy a full wardrobe of Prada, Gucci or even Scanlan & Theodore.  So as much as we might wish to be a trillionaire, we need to face facts and stick to a budget. 

So how do we look a million dollars but spend only $1000 - 1500 on our winter wardrobe?? I truly believe the key is to have the following staples:

1.  A beautiful black Leather Handbag.  Reasonably structured - not too sack like.
2.  A pair of gorgeous mid to long (depending on your height), Black, Riding (style) Boots.  We got Katy's at Wittner for $250 - stunning!
3.  A beautiful black Jacket.  It could be a tailored suit style from Cue ( I love their double breasted style) or Country Road (with fabulous long lapels - very YSL).  Or maybe a beautiful black Leather Jacket from Scanlan & Theodore (which Katy purchased - delicious, versatile and just a god send in you wardrobe).  It all depends on your shape.

It's worth spending extra on these pieces - I promise! These are the pieces which make you look a million bucks!

Once you have these pieces you can build everyday outfits for winter.

To stay within budget, buy your tops, shirts and knits from places like Sportsgirl, Witchery, Country Road,  DeCjuba, French Connection, Sussan, Cotton On etc.  Beware of going too cheap as it can be such crappy fabric that it will turn to shit after one wash. 

Katy doing her Pretty Woman imitation - 'Big mistake....really BIG Mistake!' I love that line soooo much....


POLISHED!

Once you have the wardrobe, to make sure you look RICH :) you need to have:

- Great Hair - a good cut and a lovely colour which really bring out your best features.  I personally love long hair so when if you think it suits you then keep it.  Tell the Hairdresser what your idea of a Trim is - not theirs!

- Natural Make Up - I hate heavy make up but I do believe that a little can go a long way in making you look beautiful.  Many of us are far too pale or far too tanned.  There is a lovely happy medium for all skin types.  Ways to make you look really beautiful - to accentuate your beauty.
If you are unsure about makeup, what suits you and how to put it on, go to MECCA and specifically ask them if they will do your face with a natural look that highlights your best features.  And you do not want heavy foundation or eyeshadow.  NOTE: Obviously if you are going out, smokey eyes or bold lips are hot - not both together though!
Don't feel compelled to buy everything they use on you. Don't be ashamed to tell them you are on a budget - most of us are!  They will often give you a take home sample of products to try, especially if you are buying something - just ask them.  That's why it's a pleasure to shop there, you are never forced, pushed or made to feel uncomfortable.  I wear the Chantecaille Foundation which is sold at Mecca - it's so beautiful. 
For your nearest store go to: http://www.meccacosmetica.com.au/

- Nails - YES I have mentioned this before and I am naughty myself.  Time just gets away from us but manicured Nails and Toenails are Key to looking Polished.  I go down the road to 'So Cue' in Elwood.  Kim and her girls are gorgeous.  But it doesn't matter where you go or if you are talented enough to do it yourself.  Just do it - coz it's worth it.
By the way short to medium length nails are the way to go - no 80's Talons please!!!!!

I've got loads more to tell you but I'll save it.  Hope you enjoyed tonight's blog and got something out of it.  If you need any help with your wardrobe, shape, shopping or styling just give me a buzz on 0422269439 for a free quote.  Or visit http://www.styleincorporated.com.au/

Have a beautiful night, 
Joey
x

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Jo for such a productive shopping trip. I cannot recommend your services enough, particularly for someone like me that is tight on time and in need of an update. You have done all the ground work and have such fresh ideas it makes for a great experience. It's so good to come home with things that suit me and ideas of what to wear them with in my wardrobe and not just another black top that looks the same as the other 10 I already have.
    I think my husband might be your next customer - look out!!!
    xx Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a coincidence! Went to Mecca on Wednesday for foundation and guess what I bought?

    ReplyDelete