Monday, May 16, 2011

BASICS! FYI...WITCHERY HAS 30% OFF FULL PRICE TIL 22 MAY. GO FOR IT!!!!

Hi and welcome to Winter - YES IT'S REALLY HERE! Bugger .... but don't fret, get your basics and enjoy Winter Dressing.  It's so much more exciting.....

Kate Moss
I Love the way K Moss works her Opaques (I would say 80 0r 90 denier)
Hopefully u have purchased your Winter Boots or like KATE your Sky High Heels? 



Before anything works and you can look totally POLISHED, you must have your BASICS.  That is -your Tanks, Leggings and Hosiery! These pieces need to be BLACK, not white or nude, Black! Got IT?!

Then work on the canvas from there.

FOR TANKS

Stock up on a few COUNTRY ROAD shoe string and/or wide strap tanks in the Nylon/Elastane mix. CR's shoe string tank is my fave but I have a small Bust.  So if you are larger in the Bust you may find the wider strap Tank is best for you.  My recent client is a good C cup, bought a couple of each.  Try them on and ensure you don't go TOO SMALL it will only accentuates any lumps, bumps or rolls. If in doubt go for the larger size.

Wool Blend Camisole

Don't go for the cotton/elastane version - which everyone from Cotton On to Supre stock.  The 93% NYLON/ 7% ELASTANE Mix is brilliant.  They keep their colour and shape.  They look so much more sophisticated underneath sheer tops, low necklines or anything really.

WITCHERY's (Intimates range) version is just as good, it's just a little long for me, BUT if you need a little extra length, go for Witchery's version.  They are a similar content to CR and they all wash up beautifully.  They last for ages and give you that extra bit of warmth you need in Winter.  I wear mine nearly every day (yes, I have a few).  These Tanks are the most used item in my wardrobe for both Summer and Winter - I don't know what I would do without them!


WITCHERY LEGGINGS - R THE BEST! 92% cotton 8% elastane - These little babies hold you in and feel like you could wear them like pants - BUT DON'T ever wear them as pants, showing your crotch area!! I am sure you may have heard the term Camel's Toe!  Well that's what it is, and it's dreadful.

DO WEAR LEGGINGS with long layered Tops, Shirts AND Knits.  Add a Jacket or Coat over the top.  And remember to mix colours and textures.  Then pop on your HOT new flat Winter Boots, a cool scarf, hat and you are ready to rock.

Long Length LeggingJust an example of Easy Legging Wear from WITCHERY.



OPAQUE STOCKINGS

Another Winter staple.  I love my Opaques and that they make my legs look thinner.  Although, this year I don't think we need to go too heavy.  I think it's time to mix up the Deniers (Thickness) of our Hosiery depending on what you're wearing.

For a great 90 Denier (Very Thick and Black) try Witchery - they are great.  Country Road do a great Basic Opaque too.

I would also suggest going to Myer or DJ's Hosiery department and chatting to the gals there.  They generally know their Deniers, Quality and can work within your budget.  I personally love Levante.  But there are so many brands and these days the cheaper option - can be a good one! I still love those Airport Support Pantyhose - they are fantastic.  They hold you in like no other, and they are they are reasonably dark without being Opaque.  Good for an Evening function.

That's enough for tonight - have a lovely evening and enjoy Brothers and Sisters!  Oh and PS. Country Road have a Members sale on this week - what a perfect time to buy your basics...

Love ya
J
x

4 comments:

  1. Any tips on where to shop for boots Jo? Need to get a few warmer things before braving the Melbourne weather next week. Great advice here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Honey

    Definitely try Wittner, Zomp, D'cjuba and even DJ's.

    OR I would love to take you boot shopping when you get here :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh thanks Joey I am getting some of those Witchey leggins, now all I need is legs like Kate Moss... And if any of your audience are from the western side of town Highpoint is holding a 'shopping day' this Thursday 19th May - 20-30% off all stores. I can feel my basics collection expanding this week!!
    x

    ReplyDelete